10 Signs That It’s Time for a Furnace Tune-Up
Getting a tune-up on your furnace lets you keep your equipment in good working order. It also helps prevent small problems from growing into big ones. So, when do you need a tune-up?
While we recommend scheduling a tune-up on your furnace every fall season, we understand you may not adhere to this annual visit. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of signs that tell you when it’s time to call our professionals for a furnace tune-up in Parsippany, NJ.
- Warm or Cold Spots: Do you find yourself feeling uncomfortable in your home due to an inefficient furnace? If so, it is recommended that you contact a professional for furnace repair in Parsippany, NJ, to help resolve the issue of inconsistent temperature throughout your house.
- Airflow Reduction: Are you experiencing little to no air coming out of your unit? This could indicate the need for repair, and a technician can help you to identify and fix the problem. Additionally, if you have not changed the air filter in a while or are clogged, you should have the system cleaned and inspected.
- Air Quality Changes: A change in air quality can be an indicator that your system has been dirty for a prolonged period, whether due to a clogged filter, blocked vent, or cracks in the ductwork. If you start to notice that your home has a musty smell or the dust levels have increased, this could mean your furnace needs a tune-up.
- High Rises and Energy Bills: An unusual rise in your energy bills could be a sign that your furnace is not working properly. Unless there is an unusual cold snap, your heating bills should not be increasing significantly from month to month. To avoid any serious consequences, it is recommended that you get it serviced by an expert.
- Unusual Odors and Sounds: When a furnace is turned on for the first time after a period of inactivity, it may initially give off a bad smell. However, this should dissipate in a few seconds. If the smell persists, then this could be dangerous and should be looked into. Additionally, a loud banging noise may indicate that the blower motor is malfunctioning, which is another sign that your furnace isn’t working correctly.
- The Pilot Light is Yellow: When your furnace is functioning correctly, the pilot light should always be blue. If you notice a yellow pilot light instead of blue, this is an indication that your furnace is not working properly.
- It Doesn’t Emit any Heat: When your furnace is no longer producing heat, it is important to get a furnace tune-up as soon as possible. At this stage, you might need to schedule a furnace repair in Parsippany, NJ. Our team can inspect your system and help to determine what is causing the issue.
- Frequent Cycling: Frequent cycling on and off can be an indication of faulty wiring or a malfunctioning thermostat. If you’re experiencing this issue, it requires immediate attention from our professional heating repair experts in Parsippany, NJ.
- The Furnace in Your Home is Old: With proper maintenance, a furnace can have a life expectancy of 20 years or more. It is highly recommended to get an inspection of your furnace if it is between 10 and 15 years old. If repair costs are high, the best option may be to purchase a new furnace rather than regularly repair an old one.
- Decrease in Efficiency: A decrease in efficiency could be due to a dirty air filter or a malfunctioning thermostat. If your furnace is suddenly working harder than usual, this could indicate that something is wrong and needs to be addressed immediately. A furnace tune-up can help you get the most out of your heating system while avoiding costly repairs.
Are you in need of heating repair in Parsippany, NJ? Look no further! Our team at Volpe Service Company provides furnace care that exceeds expectations. We can also provide services for other heating systems, such as boilers and heat pumps. For more information, contact us today!