5 Reasons You Should Service Your Boiler Annually
For many homeowners, it is common to neglect boiler service and decide to do it at a later date. The fact is, a yearly service is necessary to maintain your boiler and keep it functioning effectively. Additionally, annual boiler maintenance is necessary for both legal and warranty reasons, which will be explained in further detail.
Reasons For Annual Boiler Service:
- By having your boiler serviced once a year, our technician will be able to address issues early on and before they cause more significant (and expensive!) problems in the future. No matter how minor the issue may be, the longer you ignore it, the worse it will get.
- As parts start to wear down, your boiler‘s efficiency will progressively decline over time. As a result, your boiler will need to operate with increasing effort to heat your house, consuming more energy and increasing your energy costs. Our heating specialist can do repairs to address any problems that are reducing your boiler‘s efficiency after performing a service to identify them. Additionally, services ensure that your boiler investment lasts as long as possible, extending the lifespan of your boilers by many years in comparison to models that are not maintained.
- Your boiler most likely came with a guarantee when you purchased it. Some of these warranties cover your boiler for up to ten years, providing you with good protection if something goes wrong with it during the first few years. However, you must get your boiler serviced by a Gas Safe licensed professional once a year to maintain the warranty’s validity. Without a service, your warranty will be null and invalid, and in the event that something goes wrong, you will be responsible for paying for repairs out of pocket.
- Your boiler will run smoothly if you perform routine inspections and maintenance, and since you’ll be able to address any problems immediately, your boiler will be less likely to malfunction down the road. Your money will be saved by avoiding the need to purchase a new boiler because a healthy, well-maintained boiler will usually survive longer than one that hasn’t been serviced.
- It’s important to have your boiler checked regularly because, according to the Department of Health, 4000 people visit A&E each year with carbon monoxide poisoning. Because the symptoms (headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapsing, and a loss of consciousness) are easily confused with those of other common illnesses, it’s important to have your boiler checked regularly. Your family’s safety can be ensured by having your boiler serviced, or it can alert you to the need for repairs before a broken boiler adversely compromises your health.
Volpe Service Company offers a wide range of comprehensive air conditioning services, including installation, boiler repair, removal, gas filling, leak detection, advanced piping, and more—all at very reasonable prices. We encourage you to learn more about our air conditioning and HVAC services and repair options.