5 Common Air Conditioner Sounds You Don’t Want to Hear
Air conditioning is essential to indoor air quality, and we rely heavily on it during the summer. Due to high usage and increased wear and tear, air conditioners experience problems and, at times, can make strange sounds. Some of these sounds are simply signs of regular operation, while others may indicate a problem that needs to be addressed.
Let’s explore five everyday air conditioner sounds you don’t want to hear. If you’re experiencing any of these sounds, call our professional for help. At Volpe Service Company, we offer AC replacement in Mt. Olive and Parsippany, as well as a wide range of other HVAC services. You can reach us at (973) 386-1606 to schedule an appointment or learn more.
- Grinding or Scraping Sounds: If your air conditioner is making a grinding or scraping noise, it could be a sign of a severe problem. Worn-out bearings or other mechanical issues often cause this noise. If you hear this noise, turn off your air conditioner and call our professional for help. Continuing to run the unit could cause further damage, leading to the need for an AC replacement.
- Squealing or Screeching Sounds: Another common air conditioner noise you don’t want to hear is squealing or screeching. This noise is often caused by a belt slipping or a motor problem. It’s essential to address this issue as soon as possible, as it could lead to a complete breakdown of the unit if left unchecked.
- Rattling or Shaking Sounds: If your air conditioner makes a rattling or shaking noise, it could signify a loose or damaged component. This could be as simple as a loose screw or as serious as a damaged fan blade. It’s essential to have this issue addressed by our professional, as a damaged component could cause further problems if left unchecked.
- Buzzing Sounds: Buzzing sounds from your air conditioner can be caused by various issues, including loose screws, damaged components, or problems with the electrical system. Turn off the unit and call our professionals for help if you hear a buzzing noise.
- Humming Sounds: A humming noise from your air conditioner is usually a sign of regular operation. This noise is typically caused by the compressor or the fan running. However, if the humming noise is louder than usual or accompanied by other strange sounds, it could indicate a problem that needs to be addressed.
Volpe Service Company: Experts in AC Repair and Replacement
At Volpe Service Company, we are experts in AC repair and replacement. If you’re experiencing any of the five regular air conditioner sounds listed above, we can help. Our team of experienced technicians are trained to diagnose and fix a wide range of air conditioning issues, and we offer AC replacement services in Mt. Olive and Parsippany.
We’ll work quickly to diagnose the problem and provide you with a solution, whether it’s a simple repair or a complete AC replacement. We understand how important it is to have a functioning air conditioner, especially during the hot summer months, and we’ll do everything we can to get your system back up and running smoothly.