What It Means When Your Heater Makes These Noises?
Heating is a vital part of daily life at home, especially in East Hanover and Parsippany, NJ. Although it’s important to maintain your system regularly, this does not guarantee that you will never require repairs. Your heater may need some extra help after the winter season has ended. Heater noise can be a symptom of something wrong with your heating system. Strange sounds from your heating system can indicate several problems, so if you hear anything out of the ordinary, it’s essential to get your heating repaired as soon as possible. If you are in East Hanover, NJ, and the surrounding areas, you can trust Volpe Service Company for the best heating repair.
If you are in Parsippany, NJ, and the surrounding areas and notice any of the following noises, it is time to call us for heating repair service:
- Banging: This loud noise likely means there is an issue with your heating system’s ignition. It could be a broken component or something more serious. It also indicates dirty burners that need to be cleaned or excess gas inside the chambers. When the heater turns off, you may hear a banging or popping sound, which could indicate that your ductwork is contracting as the metal cools.
- Squeaking: This sound usually indicates that one of your heating system’s belts needs to be lubricated or replaced. If you hear this noise, we recommend contacting a Volpe Service Company HVAC professional to locate the source and replace any necessary parts.
- Clicking: This sound can be caused by several things, including issues with your heating system’s electrical system, motor bearings that have deteriorated, or a broken or malfunctioning pilot light. Clicking is typically caused by the ignition or heat exchanger. If you hear a clicking sound, contact us as soon as possible to resolve the issue.
- Rumbling: You may hear a rumbling sound when your furnace is heating up or cooling down. It could be due to the fan motor running too fast, or loose parts could cause it to need repair. Other possible causes include a faulty burner or rapid expansion and contraction of your air ducts. While hearing this sound can be frightening at first, it is a common problem with heaters because air ducts are made of metal. In any case, you should contact our heating professional for service and repair as soon as possible.
- Splashing: These sounds can indicate a water leak inside your heating system. The fan exhaust produces fumes, which form condensation from moisture collected in the air and must eventually be drained. When there is a lot of condensation, it can sound like gurgling or dripping. Stop using the heating, and feel free to reach out to us immediately in East Hanover, Parsippany, NJ, and the surrounding areas for heating repair before any of these issues get out of hand.
- Vibrating: This sound indicates something is wrong with your heating system’s blower motor. If left unchecked, this problem can lead to overheating and premature failure of your heating system’s components. When your heater needs to be repaired, you may notice vibrating, which is difficult to ignore. The balance of your motor inside the furnace should be adequately checked to resolve this issue.
- Rattling Sounds: It can mean a few things if you hear rattling sounds from your heating system. It could be caused by loose heating components or ductwork that has become disconnected. In some cases, the noise could be due to debris stuck in the heating system’s fan blades. Rattles often indicate a serious problem, so it’s best to call us as soon as possible.
If you hear any of these noises coming from your heating system, it’s best to contact Volpe Service Company right away. Regular maintenance and duct cleanings throughout the year are the best way to prevent heating issues. If it’s been more than a couple of years since you’ve had your heating system inspected and serviced, it’s time to call us for heating repair in East Hanover, Parsippany, NJ, and the surrounding areas. Our technicians can ensure everything is running smoothly and safely before the heating season arrives.
What To Do When Your Heater Makes Unusual Sounds?
If you reside in the area and hear strange sounds coming from your AC unit, it’s important to call Volpe Service Company in East Hanover and Parsippany, NJ, for heating repair as soon as possible. Not only will our qualified technicians diagnose the issue and make repairs, but we can also perform regular maintenance on your heating system to prevent future problems. It’s always better to be proactive when taking care of your heating system. We can understand that heating repair can be expensive, so we offer financing options to make heating repairs more affordable.
At Volpe Service Company, preventive maintenance is key to keeping your heating system working at its best, ensuring that all components are functioning correctly and no issues have gone overlooked. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Contact us today at (973) 386-1606 for heating repair in East Hanover, Parsippany, NJ, and surrounding areas. You can also message us on our Facebook page. Get in touch and stay warm this season with reliable heating systems.